Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Spring I discovered my green thumb. Don't Laugh.

I have always wanted to grow a vegetable garden.  But I hate to weed and have killed all my house plants.  I dream of a cornucopia filled with the fruits of my labor...realistically, I dream of fresh tomatoes for my salad.  This is the year people.  But where do you start when you know virtually nothing?  My soon to be sister-in-law turned me on to Tilth an organization that supports the home gardener through classes and various publications. 

A mission statement that is music to my ears. 


Right now we are reading The Maritime Northwest Garden Guide to figure what vegetables we want to grow and how to plant them.  I hope you will join me on this journey and offer any expertise you might have.  I plan to document it all; the construction of raised beds, prepping the soil, planting, tending and of course the glorious harvest (trying to be optimistic).  


If you are in the Seattle area Tilth is having an Early Spring Edible Plant Sale
this Saturday from 9am-2pm at Magnuson Park, Hanger 30.  I plan on following around anyone with dirt under their fingernails and buying what they do.



No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP