Thursday, January 14, 2010

Computer Sanctuary

Whether you work from home or are addicted to a social network, which will remain nameless, everyone tends to spend a lot of time on their computer these days.  Let's make it enjoyable, shall we?  While I am the first to admit that I love to laze about in bed with a laptop, there is something to be said for an environment that marries serenity and productivity. Here is my little sanctuary, converted from an old TV cabinet.  It came to us all beat up and multicolored, which suits me just fine.

 

I share an office space (Ok, I work out of a playroom) with an almost two-year-old who also goes by the name "bossy baby".  It is all too perfect.



While I can be prone to clutter I have been making a concerted effort lately to keep this place clear of distractions.  Clean space = clean mind = creativity, productivity, yada, yada, yada.



Another thing I love is that I have had this TV since college...Ok, that isn't what I was going to say but I do truly enjoy the fact that I bought a TV, with VHS, eight years ago, by a company called Funai and it still works!  What I actually love is hiding ugly things like printers and TVs.  When Pearl wants to watch a movie I just movie Ollie the Octopus (coworker you met above) and she is all set.

So, make a little nest for your smart friend because someday soon they are going to be able to make sandwiches and raise our children and you will want to be on good terms!

1 comment:

stacy said...

My co-worker is so lame, he is super hairy and is always sleeping on the job. He also has this thing against the mail man....so weird. At least your's smiles. :)

Very cute post, one of my favorites

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP