Wednesday, December 16, 2009

La-tee-da King crab and artichoke melts



Last night we feasted like kings and queens.  My brother and his fiance came over and brought dinner with them.  Honestly, I don't think that I have had king crab since I was a kid and that was at the Red Lobster.  Does that even count? The best part was that there were two big juicy legs left over and I knew just what I was going to do with them. Crab melts!



This is what I used based on what was in my fridge and pantry.  Some fresh flat leaf parsley would have been nice to add as well.





It all gets mixed up with the mayo and goes into the oven so it is already hot when you put the sandwich under the broiler to melt the cheese.




 
 At this point you would be a happy camper eating this with crackers.  It would make a great appetizer served in this dish or you could jazz it up by spooning it onto baguette toasts, broiling on the tomatoes and cheese and topping it with chopped parsley.




 
Yes, this is an indulgence, but oh to live like a queen for a day!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP