Wednesday, March 24, 2010

White Bean Dip: A Healthy Snack From the Pantry

Nothing brings me more joy then opening up a magazine and finding a recipe that I have all the ingredients for.  So exciting, that even if it was pickled pigs feet soup, I would make it for the sheer ecstasy that is using a can of beans from my pantry.  Disclaimer: I do not currently have a jar of pickled pigs feet in my pantry.
White Bean Dip from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food

2 cans cannellini beans
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 to 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar (I used Sherry vinegar)
1/4 cup of water
2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

Combine the ingredients through water in a food processor, add the rosemary, and pulse until combined.  Season with salt and pepper, pour into a bowl, and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.

*I should note that I added a tablespoon of tahini (sesame seed paste) and a clove of crushed garlic because I had it on hand.  I think they added a nice depth of flavor.

per serv: 176 cal; 7.6 g fat (1 g sat fat); 5.7 g protein; 20.4 g carbs; 5.7 g fiber
We ate the dip with toasted pita bread and sliced cucumbers.  Today, I am going to use the bean dip in a steak and veggie Mediterranean inspired pita pocket.  Can't wait for lunch...I let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Yum, looks good!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP