Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My kind of "one pot" meal

This is my interpretation of a "one pot" meal.  It is healthy, requires no recipe, and you make it in the same bowl you serve it in.  Let's call it Asian chicken noodle salad.  The dressing is Japanese, the flavor profile is southeast Asian and the chicken is well...a white girl trying to get some protein.  This is really more about method and less about making sure you have all the ingredients and amounts correct.  Help! I sound like Rachael Ray....





My cute best friend and occasional live-in pediatric nurse.


So here is what I put in my version:
Vermicelli rice noodles (same as in this recipe)
shredded grocery store roasted chicken
sliced: red pepper, cucumber, red onion
grated carrot
chopped: green onion, mint, basil, and cilantro

You can find the dressing in the Asian aisle with the Japanese food. Usually, it is called toasted sesame dressing. 

I don't dress this salad until right before serving because the noodles suck up all the dressing.

Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP