Monday, February 1, 2010

What's for lunch?

I ask myself this question everyday...shortly after breakfast.  I am the type of person that likes to think about my next meal like some sort of sick virtual appetizer.  Maybe this is because it is easy for lunch to get mundane.   I find myself shopping for breakfast and dinner, and end up foraging around for something in the middle of the day.  That is probably why I have become addicted to this fast and healthy lunch.  If you take your lunch to work, spend about five minutes the night before preparing it, it is wilt and stale proof, I promise!

The salad: cherry tomatoes, red onion (OK so maybe not ideal for a work lunch), English cucumber, feta, red pepper.

The dressing: fresh squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, Greek seasoning (if you have it).

Flat bread: Trader Joe's Spicy Spinach Pizza (140 calories, 2 grams of fat), one slice prosciutto, scant sprinkle of whatever cheese you have around (I prefer, feta, goat, or Parmesan for this). Pop it under the broiler until the cheese is golden.

As always with my cooking these are methods, not recipes, so substitute to meet your dietary preferences.

2 comments:

stacy said...

Funny you would post this today as I had this for lunch! Thanks for the low cal tip. I still can't beleive my lunch was so tastey and so diet friendly :)

Aimee said...

Your blog has been making me hungry as of late. I love all the food tips and I need to go to Trader Joe's. Thanks for the reminder.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP